Monday, March 28, 2005

About Me

>Since I didn't want my Side Bar to seem like a novel I put this semi-short post as a blog to give myself a background.

I know a lot of things, but there are a lot of things I don't know. I graduated from a public school with only 22 people in the student body from 7th to 12th grade. I've participated on Varsity Basketball, Track, and Cross-Country teams throughout my high school carrier. I am the first person to graduate from my school with an AS. I love to spend time with my 30 younger brothers and sisters. I was raised in a polygamous family with five mothers. I've always treated every one of them as if they were my biological mother and am closer to some of their children than I am my own mothers. I honestly believe I was given the best father I ever could have asked for, who, with his amazing wisdom, gave me the best mothers I could have had. I've had a lot of hardships in life and was forced to mature slightly ahead of my age. But I'm extremely happy with what I have and what I've been through and wouldn't trade it for anything. I try to always be positive and look at my hardships as blessings themselves, opportunities to learn and grow. I'm not perfect and far from it, but I truly believe that happiness is not a destination, it's a journey.

~Mel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home